Updated: Apr 6, 2020
This recipe coats baked cauliflower florets in a much healthier version of buffalo sauce that has the same tangy, spicy flavor of the original!
Finish them off with a tasty two-ingredient blue cheese sauce!
• 1/2 cup low-fat (1%) plain yogurt
• 2 Tbsp. crumbled blue cheese
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 6 cups cauliflower florets
• 1/2 tsp sea salt, (or Himalayan salt), divided use
• 1/2 cup hot pepper sauce
• 1/3 cup rice vinegar
• 1 Tbsp. cornstarch, gluten-free (preferably GMO free)
• 1/4 tsp. ground smoked paprika
• 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp. onion powder
• 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
• 1 tsp. olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine yogurt and cheese in a small bowl; mix well. Refrigerate until needed.
3. Lightly coat large baking sheet with spray.
4. Place cauliflower florets on baking sheet. Coat cauliflower lightly with spray. Season evenly with ¼ tsp. salt.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
6. While cauliflower is baking, combine hot sauce, rice vinegar, and cornstarch in medium saucepan; whisk until cornstarch is dissolved.
7. Add chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, maple syrup, oil, and remaining ¼ tsp. salt; whisk to blend.
8. Heat hot sauce mixture over medium-high heat; cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes, or until thickened. Set aside.
9. Pour hot sauce mixture over baked cauliflower (on baking sheet); mix well.
10. Return cauliflower to oven. Bake for 5 minutes.
11. Serve hot with sauce.
2B Mindset: A great veggie as part of lunch, or dinner. Also makes a great snack option.