Updated: Apr 6, 2020
This colorful breakfast burrito contains a rainbow of veggie goodness - red, yellow, and green bell peppers and fresh tomato salsa.
Three egg whites add a punch of protein, while low-sodium turkey bacon provides a satisfying crunch.
• 1 Tbsp. olive oil
• 1 Tbsp. finely chopped red bell pepper
• 1 Tbsp. finely chopped yellow bell pepper
• 1 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
• 3 large egg whites
• 1 8-inch whole wheat flour tortilla warm
• 1 Slice low-sodium turkey bacon cooked, chopped
• Ground black pepper (optional)
• 2 Tbsp. fresh tomato salsa
1. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add bell peppers and onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
3. Add eggs, cook, over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until eggs are set.
4. Top tortilla with egg mixture, turkey bacon, and pepper (if desired).
5. Roll tortilla burrito-style
6. Serve with salsa
2B Mindset: A great breakfast option. Add veggies or a side salad for lunch.